(Use UTM Zone 17N for all work)
For the site you select, they would like a 50-mile radius report detailing the:
- acres of evergreen, deciduous, mixed, wetlands (woody and herbaceous), and urban landcover
- acres of forested land within a ½ mile of a primary or secondary road
- percentage of forested (evergreen/deciduous/mixed) landcover types within the HUC-12 watersheds
- the number of NHD stream and primary/secondary road crossings within the 50-mile radius
What data layers will you need to perform this analysis?
- Polygon representing the 50 mile radius
- Primary/secondary roads layer
- Landcover data layer with classes of evergreen, deciduous, mixed, wetlands, etc
How would you approach this analysis?
Do you see any keywords that might suggest a GIS method?